Friday, May 3, 2013

Canadian Cuisine--Really Good? Or Really Gross?

What do beaver stew, beaver tail, poutine, lièvre à la royale, and tourtière have in common?



They're all recognized as "Canadian food," but I'm staying with maple snow taffee and Coffee Crisps! Or going entirely mutlicultural and "ethnic" after reading this article.

Animal blood? Trans fat and saturated fat? Meh, I don't know. I think I'll stick to Scarborough, with its dimsum, Indian buffets, Korean/Japanese AYCEs, and stuff. And I'll go a bit Canadian for dessert--besides the maple-syrup and candy stuff already mentioned, perhaps a Nanaimo bar or two?

Ah, can't wait for the return of Toronto's Tasty Thursdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Between Safety and Festival ... Tough Decision

So I'd just bought this wonderful Bluetooth speaker at an even more wonderful price whdna salesperson put it into a beautiful red bag th...